Monday, August 08, 2005

Physic Lesson

Today I had an intimate refresher course in physics 101. F=ma. Force is equivalent to mass multiply with the acceleration, not velocity.

Was trailing behind a car during acceleration when it suddenly slam on the brakes. I could see smoke coming from the tyres already. So naturally I also slam on my brakes. Then I felt my tyres locking and could feel the tyre skid a bit. =( There goes my nice tyres. I wasn't even going fast, around 50 km/h at that time but I was accelerating. =p So when acceleration is great, then it requires more braking power therefore easier to go into a skid compare to steady velocity and zero acceleration.

There you go, a nice refresher course into physics. Luckily I'm still around to give that lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home