Thursday, December 01, 2005

Patterns, The Human Natural Language

Recently, I've been introduced to and started using design patterns at work. It does seem quite useful. However, now I realise it's not really something new. Just that there was no buzzword linked to it before. As I ponder the issue slowly, I began to realise another useful point. Humans communicate through patterns! We are in our element when there is a certain pattern to ideas and concepts, to the abstract and concrete. It doesn't matter whether the pattern is symmetrical or asymmetrical but the fact remains that patterns are the basic understanding process that we humans use.

Something which started me on this 'ponderous' journey. =) It is rather hilarious.

Dating Design Patterns

And today, I stumbled upon this.

Design Patterns: A Love Story
Umm... might need to sanitize a bit for the underaged. ;-) Nothing that can't be read at work though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home