Monday, October 17, 2005

Freedom of Choice

I was walking to get some much needed liquid from the cooler when a thought struck me. "Hmm.. a blog entitled 'Tell Me About Yourself' would be just great."

The blog entry would be about various things beginning with how many Malaysian graduates are underperforming on their first step into the working world. Standard question from many interviewers would be - "Tell me about yourself". Unfortunately, too many will give a text book answer... hang on, not even a text book answer, it's a kindergarten answer ... starting with "My name is ...". Then it would go on to how immature many of us are and how ill-equipped we are by our universities.

However suddenly I had an intrusion of thoughts. Somehow I jumped to thinking about how I might answer that and it did a full 90 degrees on all axes and a phrase came to mind; "... entire belief system was totally crushed when I became exposed to the harshness of the real world. I had this idea of the romantic, idealist white-hat sitting in some darkened room filling in sandbags to plug the holes in vulnerable systems everywhere. All this as I was filling my water bottle.

Then while waiting for my water bottle to be filled, another intrusive thought jumped in and that is about how I tend to have ideas and thoughts coming in a torrent. Yeah, must be some genetic disorder there, the wires not connected properly. Sometimes I get a blank, totally no idea about anything at all. Then when I do get them, it all comes pouring out like it's raining elephants and mammoths or something like that. That's when it gets real tough. Out of all these ideas and stuff, there will usually be a large percentage, oh probably 70-80 percent, which are good ideas for follow up but by the time I get an opportunity to record it, I don't remember it anymore! What a bummer.

And that is how I ended up back at my end of the table with a filled water bottle and a thirst-quenched throat sitting here blogging about this as I take a break from the real world. However, time still flows freely no matter in cyberspace or in realspace. Hey, that would be a great research topic for some physics study - Relationship of time and matter within the realm of cyberphysical.

I gotta go. Ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sok Chuan said...

What is your answer on the question "Tell me more about you."

23 October, 2005 23:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home